Saturday, June 23, 2012

Self Introduction

Let me introduce myself( a little bit longer version).
I was born in Kyoto, Japan in 1982 and 29 year-old guy.
I was brought up in Joyo, southern part of Kyoto with no special impressions.
Then, I entered the U of Tokyo after failing entrance exam and re-taking it a year later.
At that time, I majored in Economics and focused my studies on macro-finance, though I hated to concentrate on my academic courses.
Instead, I focused on my practical approach, I mean, I tried to learn outside classes.
So, the biggest achievement was creating cooking club at university.

In January 2004, my friends and I invented the club at sophomore, and the club keeps prospering even now.
I tried to invite only men from the U of Tokyo, and set a rule to invite women of any background, which is very common at university.
Our main activity is to enjoy cooking at public cooking space every week.

As founder and president, I tried to achieve a wide variety of tasks including opening cafe at a school festival, arranging a training camp, giving presentation to publishing company and appearing on a cooking TV etc.
That`s why Cooking Club managed to keep prospering without focusing only on drinking party.
Actually, I went to cooking school and finally got a chef license.
In that process, I truly enjoyed the club activity and demonstrated leadership activities.
I am proud of this experience, which enabled me to broaden my horizons.
As for academic learning, I managed to graduate from the university with no special knowledges or skills on economics.

On April 2006, I joined Recruit Corporation after graduation.
When I was looking for a job, I tried to find a position where I can grow faster and learn a lot of skills at young age. As a result, I met many businessmen from trading companies. However, it turned out that workers in trading companies were not necessarily working intensively. While meeting over 60 businessmen, I noticed there were too many who lost their motivation. As for Recruit, I was impressed by each staff who said,
・Recruit Corporation resembles business school where you can gain money.
・I`m at Recruit 6 years cause my job is filled with fun, even though at first I tried to quit my job in three years.
・I wanna to transform the health-care industry in the near future.
I was attacted by them, and decided to join Recruit.

At Recruit, I worked as a sales executive and sold advertisement spaces of human resources. As a human-resources consultant, I tried to be trusted and solve the core problems of small and midium-sized companies. I made 100 phone calls every day and discussed many topics with company`s CEOs even at a young age.
I loved my job since Recruit has established the way its salespeople can keep their motivation higher.

After a while, probably a year later, I was able to improve my quality and successfully became a consultant of my clients.
I was satisfied with discussing more and more clients at dinner.
At the same time, I felt unhappy when I kept my viewpoints being one-sided.

Actually, on Nov 2007, I got a contract with my new client and received too many fees at that point.
This enabled me to focus on my duties and I was absorbed in achieving my tasks.
As a human-consultant, I helped my client by doing whatever I can do, including designing whole process of hunting, carrying out interview, presiding over kick off meeting and visiting professors to help students gain credits and join my client`s office.

Thanks to all those activites, I was asked to join Upohs, the second largest used-car company in western Japan. Well, I was headhunted as CEO of the company even if I did not have any experience as a manager then.
When I joined Upohs in 2008, I told other board members that I might quit in three years because I wanna to get MBA. One of them saild it was fine if I succeeded in reforming the company.

Upohs was invented in 1995 and board members expanded its business, but they could not reform the company.
As for me, I was asked to transform Upohs.
So, I researched the market condition and carried out a wide range of tasks simultaneously, including changing marketing strategies, revising contracts with franchisees, supervising franchisees strictly.
I tried to challenge many opportunites through my trial and error approach, which is one success under three trials.
In that process, I was fully shocked because I lacked comprehensive business knowledges as a global leader. Moreover, I wanna to look for sth inspiring on a global level. Furthermore, I would like to experience real educational system through attending business school and support transforming education in Japan. So, I believe MBA is necessary for me.
However, the priority for me is making friends worldwide and improving English speaking abilities more effectively.
From this August, I will attend the U of Pennsylvania, Wharton.
I am concerned about quiting my job during my precious business period(29 to 31 year-old), but I`m sure I can learn more and cannot wait to start my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment